American Airlines held an event in Los Angeles yesterday and made some pretty major route additions into and out of LAX for the coming year. New routes are being added to the LAX hub and an expansion to the gates at LAX is planned for the near future to handle all of the new arrivals and departures from the airport.
American is adding the following flights
- Seattle (SEA) - 5x Daily
- Portland, Oregon (PDX) - 3x Daily
- Minneapolis/Saint Paul (MSP) - 2x Daily
- New Orleans (MSY) - 1x Daily
- Kansas City, Missouri (MCI) - 1x Daily
- Omaha, Nebraska (OMA) - 1x Daily
- Hartford, Connecticut (BDL) - 1x Daily
- Anchorage, Alaska (ANC) - 1x Daily
- Durango, Colorado (DRO) - Weekends
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming (JAC) - 1x Daily
- Montrose, Colorado (MTJ) - Weekends
- Eagle - Vail, Colorado (EGE) - Weekends
With all of the new flights, this will hopefully make for better connections on the West Coast instead of flying through Dallas or Phoenix hubs which may be more out of the way fro many people.
Rocket Scientist, Travel Junkie, and Ruler of the 4th Moon of Omicron Persei 8